Monday, February 17, 2014

Shop Organization

Over the past month I have focused most of my time on the shop.  When we moved into our new house about a year ago I set up the shop as quickly as I could, placing tools and storage areas in what I thought was the best places.  Since I was coming from a small two car garage (about 400 sq. ft.) to what I thought was an enormous garage (about 1,000 sq. ft.), I spread everything out as much as possible, not utilizing the space very efficiently.  After working on many projects I found that I needed to move some equipment around and build some additional storage.  While I am far from completed, I feel I have made some significant progress. 

In addition to some reorganization, I have installed two additional 20-amp circuits in the shop.  The idea is that one circuit is for dust-collection (either my large dust-collector or a shop-vac) and the other circuit is for the tool.

Tool hanging rack on left and a saw-till on the right are the latest additions to my tool storage.

New out-feed table (Kreg Universal Bench and plywood top).

Moved the dust collector into a different corner so that it is more convenient for all machines.

The cart on the right was built to house my Festool Systainers and the router table and spindle sander.

Timer for cordless tool batteries.




No comments:

Post a Comment